2020 Opel Grandland X Named Autos Community’s SUV of the Year in Dubai
Opel Grandland X made history today in Dubai when it captured Autos Community’s SUV of the Year trophy, beating strong competition from the Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5.
The award was received by Mr Mohammad Ghazi Almomani – General Manager, Al Fahim Motors – OPEL, the authorised distributor for Opel brand in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
So Why Did It Make History?
To coin a phrase, Autos Community’s Award is the most important accolade in this industry. It is granted by a committee that comprises leading automotive bloggers, influencers, and experts worldwide. Not to mention, that autoscommunity.com platform is considered the world’s greatest car website and one of the most reliable car-related media sources.
Accepting this very important trophy, Mohammad Ghazi Almomani – General Manager, Al Fahim Motors – OPEL said, “We are very proud to receive this prestigious ‘SUV of the Year 2020 ‘ award for the Opel Grandland X from Autos Community. And I warmly thank the jury members for having selected our vehicle. This award confirms the success of our SUV range and the relevance of Opel’s positioning to offer our customers comfort, German engineering and fun-to-drive efficient models of the highest quality that are affordable. Through such initiatives, we aim to continuously present the best and most convenient offerings to our customers further strengthening the automotive sector.”
In complimenting the Grandland’s victory, Autos Community Awards’ jurors commented that the Opel Grand X delivered an industry-leading level of inspired design inside and out, high-class materials throughout, class-topping drivability and segment-winning safety features.
Do You Know?
- The AFM Opel showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road, in Dubai, showcasing the latest models from the German automobile manufacturer renowned for producing exciting and approachable cars. The 460-square-metre showroom, operated by the ALFAHIM Group in collaboration with Groupe PSA, is offering an exciting range of future-driven sedans, sports utility vehicles and light-weight automobiles.
Despite the long options list, the 2020 Opel Grandland X is quiet, practical, and desirable, with outstanding driving refinement and material finish.
There’s no denying that, at an average price of around $24,429 being the first owner of such a masterpiece, can be a great proposition.
The Most Effectively Comfort-Oriented SUV
The 2020 Opel Grandland X, with its well-appointed and luxurious-feeling interior, deserves its place on the top of our list. It’s more car-like to drive than many of the full-blown SUVs in the market today. It is considered one of the most effectively comfort-oriented cars in the class – and well worth considering.
“It’s hard to pick faults with such a classy and consummate all-rounder as the Opel Grandland X. Nothing can prevent the Grandland X from emulating the sales success of its predecessor; a car that became the bestseller in its segment in nearly every country in which it was offered,” said Hassan Soukar, an automotive blogger, influencer, ambassador of Autos Community and one of the jurors.
It feels a touch more incisive and agile than other SUVs of its size. Still, the interior is superbly finished, and the petrol engine is impressively refined.
Opel – Key Facts
- Opel is one of Europe’s largest automakers. It was founded by Adam Opel in 1862 in Rüsselsheim, Germany. Opel and its British sister brand Vauxhall sell over one million vehicles annually. In 2014 this made it the third-largest passenger car brand in the European Union. Opel is conducting the largest model offensive in its history and will introduce 27 new vehicles and 17 new engines by 2018. Opel has entered new segments with vehicles such as the compact Mokka SUV and the small lifestyle ADAM.
- Headquartered in Rüsselsheim, the company has 10 plants and four development and test centres in six European countries. Opel employs around 34,500 people in Europe, with more than 16,500 in Germany. Opel and Vauxhall are present in over 50 countries. In 2014 Opel/Vauxhall sold 1.095 million passenger cars and light commercial vehicles worldwide.
Headquartered in Rüsselsheim, the company has 10 plants and four development and test centres in six European countries. Opel employs around 34,500 people in Europe, with more than 16,500 in Germany. Opel and Vauxhall are present in over 50 countries. In 2014 Opel/Vauxhall sold 1.095 million passenger cars and light commercial vehicles worldwide.
With plenty of techs paired with a fun-to-drive nature, the 2020 Grandland X’s fresh and spunky looks are aimed directly at the hip and comfort-minded buyers. The interior offers comfort and spaciousness along with a decidedly German atmosphere found in all of today’s Opels. There’s also abundant cargo stowage and plenty of bins and additional repositories to keep things.
A quick test drive will undoubtedly have you singing the 2020 Opel Grandland’s praises as loudly as we have recently. Its perfect steering system, eager driving dynamics, and confidence-inspiring controls are dreamy and best when matched with its counterparts in this category.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- TECHART GTstreet R Makes Thrilling Film Debut in the Netflix Action-Comedy Asphalt Burning
- Lamborghini Squadra Corse Unleashes the SC20
- Bacalar Car Zero Hits the Test Track for 20-Week Validation Program
- UAE Debut of the New Huracán STO in Dubai
- You’ll Never See a Gathering of DB5 Goldfinger Continuation Cars This Large Again
- Nissan Unveils Mind-Controlled Belly-Surfing GTR-X Concept Car