With the high-performance version of the Peugeot 508 sedan, Peugeot is unveiling the first chapter in its Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered label. The perfect alliance between sportiness and technology, Peugeot is reinventing the codes for renewed performance and responsible performance: introducing, Neo-Performance.
The signature feature of this new line, the three Kryptonite claws, refers to Peugeot 508 Sport’s new identity and draws inspiration from the brand’s heritage with the rear lights from the Peugeot 504 Coupé.
Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered is the quintessential expression of the expertise of the Peugeot Sport engineers. This follows involvement in international competitions such as the WRC (World Rally Championship), Dakar, Pikes Peak and the World Endurance Championship (WEC), with the development of the 208 FE concept in 2013 (46 g CO2/km – 0/100 in 8.2s) and the 308 R Hybrid in 2015 (500 hp – 720 Nm – 0/100 in 4.0s).
At the same time as the launch of this label, Peugeot is announcing its return to the World Endurance Championship in the LMH (Le Mans Hypercar) premier class from 2022.
Peugeot Sport Performance
Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered is the most powerful production car ever built by Peugeot.
The powertrain can reach 360 hp and 520 Nm of torque by astutely combining thermal and electrical energy. This combination makes it possible to achieve almost instantaneous levels of responsiveness. This level of performance is unprecedented for the brand with figures such as:
0 to 100 km/h in 5.2s,1000 m DA in 24.5s, 80 to 120 km/h in 3s, and maximum speed of 250 km/h (electronically controlled).
Driving pleasure is at the very heart of Peugeot’s DNA, which is why the Peugeot Sport engineers have adapted the chassis of the Peugeot 508 to achieve a balance between comfort and performance.
It optimises variable 3-mode shock absorption (Comfort/Hybrid/Sport), lowered seat plate, tracks widened by 24 mm at the front and 12 mm at the rear, 380 mm diameter front brake discs and fixed four-piston callipers, and 20-inch diameter rims fitted with Michelin© Pilot Sport 4S tyres.
The Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered can reach 360 hp thanks to the power of its combustion engine combined with its two electric motors, front and rear. The 4-wheel drive transmission ensures optimum traction in all weather conditions. Five driving modes are available directly via the mode selector on the centre console. These include:
- Electric: for 100% electric driving in total silence, with a range of 42 km under the WLTP protocol, which gives you access to the green zones in urban areas and provides high-rev acceleration with the immediate responsiveness of the electric engines from 0 km/h to 140 km/h
- Comfort: Hybrid mode with softened suspensions for “high comfort” driving,
- Hybrid: a mode that automatically selects combustion or electric power depending on the circumstances for more optimised consumption,
- Sport: maximum power of 360 hp for ultimate pleasure! This mode also affects steering, shock absorption, accelerator pedal mapping and digital engine colouring. The combustion engine ensures that the battery is charged for maximum power at all times.
- 4WD: maximum traction for slippery grip situations.
As for the hybrid motor, the Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered has benefited from Peugeot’s expertise with the recent launches of the Peugeot 3008 Hybrid/Hybrid4 and Peugeot 508 Hybrid alongside the expertise at Peugeot Sport with its experience of hybridisation in competition.
Full Sensation Experience
Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered has the same interior and boot volumes (above the floor) as the internal combustion versions thanks to the smart layout of the electric motors and battery.
The Peugeot Sport Engineered label has created a new type of virtuous performance: Neo-Performance. It is the perfect union of sportiness and technology with record CO2 emissions per km: this high-performance version is approved according to the WLTP protocol at 46 g CO2/km, the equivalent of 2.03 L/100 fuel consumption!
Peugeot 508 Sport Engineered embodies the very spirit of Peugeot’s road handling know-how. The adjustments to its chassis are fine-tuned here by Peugeot Sport engineers for ever greater driving pleasure.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- New Jeep Wrangler 4xe Joins Renegade and Compass 4xe Models in Brand’s Global Electric Vehicle Lineup
- The All-New Cadillac XT6 Midnight Edition Makes Its UAE Debut
- First Kamaz-Master Training on the Caucasus
- Niva Returns to the Lada Family
- The ŠKODA 110 R, One of the Most Elegant Czech Sports Cars, Made Its Debut 50 Years Ago
- Peugeot and Total to Kick off Their Le Mans Hypercar Project