Motoring industry groups have welcomed the news that Jaguar Land Rover is building a multi-billion pound car battery plant in Somerset.
Tim Alcock from LeaseElectricCar.co.uk thinks that it will generate up to 9,000 jobs and a much-needed boost for the UK electric car industry.
He said: “We are delighted that Jaguar Land Rover is building this much-needed facility here in the UK.
“The EU has 35 electric car battery plants open, in construction or planning stages, and currently, the UK is significantly behind in these industrial strategies.
“The UK government acknowledges the urgent need for electric vehicle battery manufacturing in the UK to support the rapid uptake of EVs.
“The building of this facility will help bolster the infrastructure required to allow the industry to grow.”
UP IN NEWS
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Doha Debuts Spectre, the Marque’s First Fully-electric Motor Car
- Inter Emirates Motors and MG Motor Debut New 2024 MG HS
- Audi Middle East Announces Winners of The Audi 2022 Twin Cup Challenge for Technical and Service Teams
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Celebrates World Bee Day by Inspiring Young Minds at Its Apiary in Dubai
- Young Driver Hacks – How to Get Cheaper Car Insurance
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Unlock the World’s Leading Source of Automotive News and Analysis.
Autoscommunity.com provides innovative marketing and advertising solutions to support an advertiser’s specific campaign objectives.
Customised programs leverage the best of Autoscommunity.com. Contact our sales team today and see what our team can do for your custom advertising solutions.
Why You Can Trust Autos Community
Our expert, award-winning staff selects the automotive-related news we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks.