Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Saw the Debut of the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm
Alfa Romeo, the standard-bearer of Italian sportsmanship on four wheels, will debut the new Giulia GTAm at the second round of the 2021 Formula 1 World Championship at the Enzo and Dino Ferrari circuit in Imola, Italy.
The Biscione supercar, whose logo features on the overalls of the Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN drivers Kimi Räikkönen and Antonio Giovinazzi, will be a special guest in the pit lane.
The Formula 1 drivers supported Alfa Romeo engineers in the development and fine-tuning of the new Giulia GTAm. They will now host the most powerful car ever made by Alfa Romeo in the team’s garage.
Together, the GTA and GTAm are the heirs to the 1965 Giulia Gran Turismo Alleggerita, one of the most successful Alfa Romeo racing cars. The partnership with the Swiss Sauber Engineering team sees the Giulia GTAm adopt technical and aerodynamic solutions taken from the world of racing and Formula 1. These include lightweight materials and carbon fibre components to improve the power to weight ratio, refine the aerodynamics, and 20-inch centre-lock wheels, typically seen in motorsport but unique to these road-going saloons.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- The Gear You’ll Need Ahead of a Motorbike Trip
- Lamborghini Museum in Sant’Agata Bolognese Reopens With Sian Roadster on Show
- 3 Things That You Can Do To Protect Your Car
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Co-Creates Bespoke Phantom Oribe in Collaboration With Hermès
- Volvo Cars Achieves IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus