The Beginning of the End for the Acura NSX as the Last 350 Cars Get Prepped
This is the beginning of the end for the NSX. Acura has begun building the last 350 ‘Type S’ supercars before ceasing production of the vehicle. And as you might expect, they have all been accounted for: 300 will go to the US, while 50 will remain in Japan.
These are unique cars too. The NSX Type S features a twin-turbo V6 engine and a three-motor hybrid system that produces 600 hp and 492 lb-ft of torque. The Type S cars also get unique five-spoke wheels, stickier Pirelli P-Zero tyres, retuned dampers, the all-important Type S decals (surely worth an extra 30mph) and a carbon fibre roof.
The Lightweight Pack adds even more lightness: carbon-ceramic brakes and carbon fibre for the engine cover and interior save a whopping 26kg. Since we sometimes use analogies to dogs, that’s the equivalent of a medium-sized Golden Retriever.
UP IN NEWS
- CyberKAT: A Cybertruck-Inspired Remote Controlled Snowcat That’ll Soon Come With a Snowblower
- Isuzu and Cummins Announce Battery Electric Truck Collaboration
- All-New Audi RS3 Makes Regional Preview at Flat 12 Café in Dubai
- American Carmaker Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus Releases the Latest Images of the Baja 1000 Desert
- Hennessey Starts Production of Velociraptor 600
- Elon Musk to Reveal Report on Tesla’s 2021 Performance
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Unlock the World’s Leading Source of Automotive News and Analysis.
Autoscommunity.com provides innovative marketing and advertising solutions to support an advertiser’s specific campaign objectives. Customized programs leverage the best of Autoscommunity.com. Contact our sales team today and see what our team can do for your custom advertising solutions.
Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to our sales team. You can also get in touch in the following ways: