The next chapter in the mid-engine Corvette journey begins today by introducing the 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, a new American supercar that puts the world on notice. Arriving two years after the first production, mid-engine Corvette Stingray debuted and captivated a worldwide audience and visited the Middle East during the 2019 Dubai International Motorshow. The Z06 is designed and engineered to act as a precision tool for the track.
The Z06’s striking appearance, sound and tactile feel are the results of intense focus. With new, wider sculpted front and rear fascia designs that define a confident stance and exotic proportions and a luxuriously appointed interior, the Corvette Z06 is the ultimate supercar experience.
“Corvette has always brought a discerning customer to the Chevy family,” said Steve Hill, vice president of Chevrolet. “This new Corvette Z06 was designed and engineered to set a higher bar with increased levels of craftsmanship, personalization and performance so customers can truly have their bespoke performance car.”
While the Corvette Z06 was created to dominate on the track when it debuted in 1963, the Z06 nameplate has also come to symbolize the perfect combination of track beast and supercar.
“The Middle East’s motoring scene has a legacy of outstanding performance, and the Corvette headlines Chevrolet’s longstanding contribution. We were the first market outside of North America to showcase the first-ever mid-engine Corvette, knowing that the speed-lovers of the region would best appreciate the engineering that went into this supercar. With the launch of the Z06, which has been confirmed for the region, we will take Chevy’s performance offering to the next level,” said Sharon Nishi, Chief Marketing Officer, GM Africa & Middle East.
The Z06 is set apart by its beating heart – the all-new 5.5L LT6, the highest horsepower, naturally-aspirated V-8 to hit the market in any production car, ever.
“The new Corvette Z06 defines the American supercar,” said General Motors President Mark Reuss. “It builds on the distinctive design and groundbreaking dynamics introduced with the mid-engine Corvette and elevates them to deliver refined but uncompromising track capability with world-class performance.”
An all-new flat-plane crankshaft design lets drivers push the tachometer to a lofty 8,600 rpm, creating 670 hp. Engineers spent two years crafting a distinctive, rich exhaust tone unlike anything ever heard from a Corvette.
Racing at Its Core
The sound and appearance of the Z06 take direction from Corvette Racing. The direct knowledge transfer from the track to the street has never been more evident. The Z06 chassis has underpinned Corvette Racing’s C8.R since it began competing in 2020. Thanks to a shared chassis, similar engine architecture and exterior proportions, the C8.R has been referred to internally as the Z06 hiding in plain sight.
The Corvette C8.R shined during IMSA’s 2020 sports car championship series, capturing six victories and seven pole positions and setting the fastest class race laps in six events. During the 2020 series, Chevrolet won the GT Manufacturers title – its 13th since 2001. Jordan Taylor and Antonio Garcia and the No. 3 Corvette C8.R crew won the GTLM Drivers and Team championships.
The performance envelope of Z06 builds on the foundation laid by Stingray, as does Z06’s design language and attention to detail. Expanded material offerings, new interior packages, and features unique to Z06 enable owners to create their bespoke American supercar.
Additional Highlights of the 2023 Corvette Z06 Include:
- A stance 3.6 inches (9.4 cm) wider than the Stingray, accommodating massive 345-series rear tires and more airflow through side air vents
- Unique front and rear fascias, a first for Z06. The front fascia is designed to optimize the Z06’s cooling needs, including channelling air to a centre heat exchanger, one of five for maximum cooling performance.
- A unique, standard reconfigurable rear spoiler with adjustable wickerbill elements designed to improve high-speed stability and cornering capability on a racetrack
- Standard 20-inch front and 21-inch rear forged aluminium wheels (with multiple available finishes) — the most oversized wheels ever known on a production Corvette
- Available lightweight and rigid carbon fibre wheels that deliver a 41-pound (18.6 kg) reduction in unsprung mass, which contributes to more agile and responsive handling
- Specific suspension tuning, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and larger brakes (six-piston front) than the Stingray, contribute to making the 2023 Corvette Z06 the most track-capable Corvette ever.
- Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission with a specific, “shorter” 5.56 final drive ratio than the Corvette Stingray, which enhances acceleration capability.
- Elevated cockpit surrounding the driver, with rich materials and textures, including more carbon fibre trim and new options
- Available Z07 performance package that offers the most outstanding track capability and provides 734 pounds of downforce at 186 mph, more than any Corvette ever. It includes a carbon fibre high rear wing and ground effects, specific chassis tuning, specific Magnetic Ride Control calibration, unique Michelin® Cup 2 R ZP tires, along with Brembo® carbon-ceramic brakes and optional carbon fibre wheels.
“Virtually every component that distinguishes the Z06 was developed to support or enhance its capability,”said Tadge Juechter, executive chief engineer, Corvette. “By leveraging the mid-engine architecture’s inherent advantages, we can achieve six per cent more downforce than a seventh-gen ZR1 at eight per cent lower drag.”
UP IN NEWS
- Five Expert Tips on Getting the Best Deal for Your Used Car
- PodRide: The 4 Wheel E-bike That Looks Like a Car
- Car Hacking Danger: 6 Expert Tips To Protect Your Data
- 9 Grilling Tips With Your Chevrolet Silverado
- New Autonomous Driving Pilot to Begin as Early as 2022
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Unlock the World’s Leading Source of Automotive News and Analysis.
Autoscommunity.com provides innovative marketing and advertising solutions to support an advertiser’s specific campaign objectives. Customized programs leverage the best of Autoscommunity.com. Contact our sales team today and see what our team can do for your custom advertising solutions.
Please include a contact number if you are willing to speak to our sales team. You can also get in touch in the following ways:
Safety reminder – Please buckle-up! Seat belts save lives every day. Always wear seat belts and use appropriate restraints for all child passengers.