Volkswagen Partners With IBM Garage To Provide Customers With In-Vehicle Services
Volkswagen, one of the top three automakers in the world, knew it could do more with its customer-data, but wasn’t sure how to take advantage of the treasure trove of information generated from its cars. Partnering with the IBM Garage, VW focused its efforts on ‘We Experience’ to provide in-vehicle services that enhance a customer’s ride and grow revenue through partnerships.
Transforming an Automaker Into a Mobility Services Company
Along with every other major industry, car manufacturing is facing disruption brought about by new, data-driven services and rapidly shifting customer needs. The IBM Garage has helped one of the world’s leading automakers anticipate and adapt to the future to remain as strong in its future as it has been in its past. Leveraging the data it had already been collecting allows the company to offer services and products, positioning it well for the ongoing data-driven transformation of the global economy.
Jürgen Stackmann, Member of the Board for Sales, Volkswagen, said: “Our customers will become part of an ecosystem that we have named ‘We’. This system complements the Volkswagen experience and enables the customer to take their world into our vehicles.”
- New mobility services through a new data-driven platform positions the company to take advantage of new and evolving revenue streams, including the estimated 58% of offline purchases involving cars.
- Colocation of IBM experts and VW leaders near VW headquarters in Germany allows the automaker to develop new ideas rapidly.
- Cross-company colocation brings the best internal talents, including digital strategy, IT development, business leadership and more, to bear on business challenges more quickly than ever.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- Cadillac LYRIQ Redefines Luxury in Electric Vehicle Space
- Global Used Car Market Insight and Forecast With Impact of COVID-19
- Autonomous Mobility Inching Closer to Reality, Says Report
- Lockheed Martin Joins Forces With General Motors to Develop Next-Generation Lunar Rover for NASA
- Lexus LC 500 Named Luxury Vehicle of Texas