Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) announced that it would name its new full-electric SUV Solterra. Designed as a joint venture between Subaru and Toyota, the Solterra features a new, dedicated all-electric platform named the e-SUBARU Global Platform. The joint venture combines Subaru’s expertise in all-wheel-drive technology with Toyota’s vehicle electrification technology.
Solterra was created using the Latin words for “Sun” and “Earth” to represent Subaru’s commitment to delivering traditional SUV capabilities in an environmentally responsible package.
To create the all-new e-SUBARU Global Platform, Subaru engineers worked to bring together the brand’s all-wheel-drive capability, superior driving dynamics and world-leading passive safety, a versatile, dedicated EV platform. The result is a technologically advanced full-electric SUV that is also a truly capable and durable Subaru SUV. The Solterra joins Subaru’s award-winning line-up of SUVs, including the Outback, Forester, Crosstrek and Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid. The Solterra will go on sale in 2022.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- The Mercedes-EQ Line Grows With EQT Small Van
- ŠKODA ENYAQ iV Outperforms the Competition in ‘All-Wheel-Drive Electric Car’ Category
- New Fiat Tipo City Sport Brings New Stylish Look to Tipo Family
- Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Saw the Debut of the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm
- The Gear You’ll Need Ahead of a Motorbike Trip