A leader in projection generation innovation, Panasonic utilizes its latest advances in optics, volume optimization and imaging technology, combined with AI technology from its SPYDR cockpit domain controller to render near-field and far-field content for vehicle information (like speed), object and pedestrian detection, and mapping/route guidance, for a seamless, more engaged and informed driver experience.
Panasonic’s AR HUD system projects 3D, AI-driven key information into the driver’s line of sight to reduce driver distraction and potentially increase safety on the road. Panasonic’s AR HUD development utilizes a PRIZM process to address all aspects of users’ needs today, tomorrow and in the future:
- Precise placement – Optimal image positioning
- Reflection – AI smart optical graphic road overlays for object/sign detection
- Intuitive – Discriminates / prioritizes user focus on what is ahead, e.g., a deer or a box in the road?
- Zonal- UX optimized field-of-view organizationally displays objects along the road.
- Mission Control – Dynamic imaging that brings visibility and the roadway together
The key features of the new AR HUD include Eye-tracking technology that projects information at driver’s level of sight based on driver’s eye position, eliminating a potential mismatch between the projected image when the driver moves their head; advanced optical design techniques provide expanded field-of-view, and AI-driven AR navigation technology detects and provides multi-colour 3D navigation graphics that adjust with moving vehicle’s surroundings, displaying information like lane markers and GPS arrows where turns will occur and sudden changes such as collisions or cyclists in one’s path. It also features vibration control with Panasonic’s proprietary algorithms, real-time situational awareness that gives information updates in less than 300 milliseconds, and 3D imaging radar and 4K resolution.
Panasonic’s strategic collaborations with emerging tech innovators provide added depth and breadth to the data-driven visuals in Panasonic’s AR HUD: striking, dual plane, high-resolution laser holography is by Envisics, developers of a patent-protected, dynamic holographic platform that enables true holography across multiple mobility applications; and the 3D localization technology and AI navigation and situation awareness analytics is from Phiar, developers of a patent-protected spatial-AI, AR navigation platform.
Best-in-Class Video Resolution
The company is also showcasing its first fully wireless Wi-Fi camera, offering convenience, durability, and increased ease for recreational hauling. Panasonic’s new camera technology combines best-in-class video resolution, ruggedness, and connectivity to ease the burden of navigating trailer hook-ups, lane changes, positioning, and monitoring cargo for millions of recreational trailer and camper owners.
Do You Know?
- Panasonic Automotive offers systems and technology focused on making mobility more comfortable, safer and more eco-friendly. From entertainment systems to green energy solutions, Panasonic’s advanced technology and expertise expands the possibilities of future car development.
The easy-to-use, adjustable camera delivers customizable views, notifications, and controls conveniently into the vehicle’s existing infotainment display via Wi-Fi. It offers seamless Wi-Fi connection, 100-meter line of sight coverage, less than 80-millisecond latency, IP68 waterproof rating, and Dynamic Management System that automatically adjust transmission power to conserve energy.
Panasonic also revealed two variants of in-vehicle wireless charging technology. With customers utilizing apps, navigation and music that require constant power, the demand is high for having reliable in-vehicle sources for efficient charging of devices.
Vehicle Charging Systems
However, the majority of vehicle charging systems remain wired or tethered. Panasonic Automotive’s wireless charging system aims to be a more accurate and efficient way to charge – to be accessible in any vehicle without the hassle of first plugging in. With 15W of charging power, Panasonic’s wireless technology has one of the fastest charging times in the industry and rivals wired/tethered systems.
The charging system also features – detection accuracy, better thermal management while charging, and allows to make/ receive a phone call and app use continue to run as normal (both static / moving coil variants) while charging.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- First Hyundai Ioniq 5 Teasers Reveal Concept Car Looks
- Volvo Cars to Triple Electric Production Capacity at Its Plant in Ghent, Belgium
- Can Artificial Intelligence Make the ‘Right’ Decisions on Roads?
- Samsung Teams up With Bahrain Raid Xtreme for Maiden Dakar Rally 2021
- Avtovaz to Start Production of the New Lada Niva Travel
- Volvo Cars to Produce Electric Motors at Its Powertrain Plant in Skövde, Sweden