An Opel Omega Gets on a Bus. What Happens to the Two Vehicles? These Are Hard-to-See Images
Euro NCAP runs the frontal impact test with a rigid obstacle at a speed of 50 km / h. The Institute for Highway Safety in the States uses a speed of 64 km / h for the same type of test. But at 208 km / h, no one has ever tried an impact test.
The car, an Opel Omega, is launched on an airstrip, using a remote control, in the direction of a bus positioned perpendicular to its direction of travel. A female mannequin is in the passenger seat on the right.
A drone and several cameras located both on board the car and on the edge of the track, watch as the speed increases and as the distance to the obstacle becomes smaller. The car reaches a speed of 208 km / h just before the collision. This is captured from several angles.
The car disintegrates. The front is almost flattened. The front doors are piles of iron, and the rear ones can hardly be identified. The trunk and rear bumper remain the only parts that can be recognized from what was, a few seconds ago, an Opel Omega.
The way the vehicle looks proves that no person on board at the time of such an impact could survive, suffering injuries incompatible with life. The cabin is completely deformed.
The bus was sectioned. Not even the windshield escaped, although the impact took place right next to the rear deck of the bus. Pieces of the onboard mannequins are scattered around.
The Bulgarians sound an alarm and remind drivers that the higher the speed, the greater the braking distance. The simpler, the faster you go, the more asphalt you will need to stop. To demonstrate what they said before the impact test, the Bulgarians use a Dacia Duster.
- The article has been translated based on the content of Promotor by www.promotor.ro. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please let us know via an email. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author.
- We want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
- We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- Automobili Lamborghini and Ducati Launch the Ducati Diavel 1260 Lamborghini
- Volvo Cars Drops New Cars From 30 Metres to Help Rescue Services Save Lives
- This Is How Your Morning Commute Will Look Like in 2030
- Why Automakers Should Not Replace Skilled Auto Manufacturing Workers With AI to Increase Efficiency
- The All-New 2021 Yukon Now on Sale in the Middle East