Reigning World Champions Lynk & Co Cyan Racing performed a test with four drivers at the former Formula 1 circuit Anderstorp in Sweden for its 2020 FIA World Touring Car Cup programme to find a replacement for Andy Priaulx.
“All four drivers have performed well, but it has not been easy for them with very challenging conditions,” said Fredrik Wahlén, Managing Director of Cyan Racing.
“We have got many data from them, and it’s going to be a tough decision between four extremely competent and competitive drivers in the Cyan Racing.”
The new driver will be team-mate to 2017 World Champion Thed Björk at the Cyan Performance Lynk & Co outfit, while four-time World Champion Yvan Muller and young gun Yann Ehrlacher will race at Cyan Racing Lynk & Co squad.
“To replace Andy, a three-time world champion, is not going to be easy,” said Thed Björk.
“I am very technically interested, so it would be nice to have a driver who also has got the technical side so we can develop the car together and work closely together.
“And someone who is as fast as possible, so we can push each other to go faster because racing is about speed and lap times.”
The new driver will be revealed shortly.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- Dubai-Born CAFU Makes a Bold and Confident Move by Removing Its Delivery Charges
- Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN to have a high-tech boost ahead of the start of the 2020 season as Acer joins as official partner
- Chevrolet Introduced the First-Ever SUV Nearly a Hundred Years Ago, and Since Then, It Has Only Gotten Bigger and Better
- Acura Team Penske Runs Sixth Overall With Dane Cameron, Juan Pablo Montoya
- Amazon to Acquire Bay Area-Based Autonomous Vehicle Company Zoox, a Deal Reportedly Worth More Than $1 Billion
- Audi Presents Coupé Variant of Q4 E-Tron as a Concept Car