Car aficionado? History lover? Or just someone who loves beautifully sculpted sheet metal? The Car and Carriage Caravan Museum at Luray Caverns has it all for you.
Luray Caverns is the most popular caverns in Eastern America, located in Luray Va right outside of the Shenandoah National Park, in the Shenandoah valley.
Experience the history of America at Luray Caverns in an exhibit featuring over 140 items relating to transportation including cars, carriages, coaches and costumes dating from 1725.
This fascinating story of roadway travel begins with simple wagons and coaches to the elaborate and luxurious automobiles of the 1940s. Meticulously restored to their original splendour, these “antiques on wheels” are all in running condition and beautifully displayed among period artefacts.
Experience a slice of life from another time when a new top-of-the-line Cadillac Double Tulip Touring Car would set you back $950 (in 1906). Mother-in-law seals came in handy when touring in a 1912 Metz Roadster.
Milk was 5 cents a quart as found on the original paint of the 1914 Ford Model T Milk Wagon.
Fascinating to all is the elegant and extremely rare 1932 Rolls Royce Shooting Brake, a recent addition to the collection. Rudolph Valentine’s 1925 Silver Ghost Town Car, another Rolls, captures the spirit of the posh silent screen era.
See a Stanley Steamer, a Baker Electric and the oldest auto in operating condition on display in America, the 1892 Benz.
Vis-a-vis. Other highlights include a Conestoga Wagon, a 1908 Baker Electric, and a 1913 Stanley Steamer.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- The AM 001 by Aston Martin and Brough Superior to Begin Its Comprehensive Testing Programme
- Bentley to Reveal New Bentayga on 30 June
- Lamborghini SCV12 Completes Its Development Programme and Is Now Ready to Hit the Track
- BMW AG Agrees to a Package of Personnel Measures That Balances the Future Competitiveness of the Company With the Interests of the Workforce
- Automobili Lamborghini Unveils the Urus Pearl Capsule
- MG Motor Expands its Middle East Network with its partnership with MG Motor Jordan