James Dyson, UK’s richest man with an estimated wealth of 16.2 billion pounds decided to spend 500 million pounds of his own money to produce an electric car that he claims can rival even Tesla.
Dyson claimed that the seven-seater electric SUV would have a range of 965 km (600 miles). The figures are impressive when once compares the kind of range popular Tesla models have. A Tesla Model S can go 610 km (379 miles), and the Model X can hit 505 km (314 miles) on a single charge.
Sir James Dyson, Britain’s richest man, spent £500m developing an electric car to rival Tesla’s. Then he scrapped it before the first prototype took to the road. He tells John Arlidge why https://t.co/mIVmVFnN6D— The Sunday Times Magazine (@TheSTMagazine) May 17, 2020
Dyson also said that the electric SUV, made from aluminium weighed around 2.6 tons, had a top speed of 201 125 mph, and could go from zero to 100 mph in just 4.8 seconds. It had a twin 200kW electric motors that could produce 536 bhp of power and 480 lb-ft of torque.
We are sad to announce a proposal to end our automotive project. The Dyson automotive team has developed a fantastic electric car, but unfortunately it is not commercially viable. Read more here.— Dyson (@Dyson) October 10, 2019
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- Geely Group Motorsport to deliver TCR cars to Teamwork Motorsport
- Rolls-Royce is helping to save the English honey bees at the Home of Rolls-Royce in Goodwood
- UAE to Deploy Autonomous Vehicles in the Community to Support Residents Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Extends Deadline for Entries to Its Young Designers Competition
- Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe 2020 Begins at Misano Adriatico
- Changan CS85 Coupe Makes Its Saudi Debut