Geely Group Motorsport to deliver TCR cars to Teamwork Motorsport
Geely Group Motorsport has made its first delivery for a customer programme in Asia, with Teamwork Motorsport taking delivery of three Lynk & Co 03 TCR race cars.
“We are delighted to welcome Teamwork Motorsport into the growing family of our Lynk & Co 03 customer racing programme,” said Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin, Head of Geely Group Motorsport.
Teamwork Motorsport, the 2018 TCR China champions, are currently evaluating its options for an Asian programme that could include TCR China and TCR Asia.
“The all-round performance that Lynk & Co 03 TCR shown to the world last year in the WTCR was incredible and made our choice easy. We are especially glad to start this customer racing programme with a Chinese brand as a Chinese team,” said Teamwork Motorsport Team Principal Paul Hui.
“We’re excited to work with Geely Group Motorsport, and Lynk & Co not only on the circuits but also enjoy the huge support from the Chinese fans. We are looking forward to a solid season.”
“We are monitoring the coronavirus pandemic closely, and our priority is the wellbeing of everyone involved in the project. We have a close dialogue with organisers of the championships mentioned, and we are ready for when the circumstances are there to race again.”
The Swedish outfit went on to claim the team World Title in the first season with the car, claiming eight victories, 21 podiums and 122 laps led – making it the most successful TCR car of the series.
NEXT UP IN NEWS
- Rolls-Royce is helping to save the English honey bees at the Home of Rolls-Royce in Goodwood
- UAE to Deploy Autonomous Vehicles in the Community to Support Residents Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Extends Deadline for Entries to Its Young Designers Competition
- Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe 2020 Begins at Misano Adriatico
- Changan CS85 Coupe Makes Its Saudi Debut
- Automobili Lamborghini Launches Its First Collector’s Digital Stamp